Thursday, November 12, 2009

Freecycle

If you haven't discovered Freecycle yet, or haven't taken the time to check it out, I strongly encourage you to do so!  The Freecycle Network™ is a grassroots, nonprofit movement that connects people giving things away for free.  It works on the idea that "one person's trash is another one's treasure"- people list usable items that they no longer want, and people who need these items can respond and pick them up.  I've seen everything from firewood to TVs to baby bottles listed.  I recently joined the Arlington Freecycle group, and am anxiously awaiting a light fixture that I will rig up to supplement natural light for growing plants indoors!  I've also given away several things that were gathering dust in my closet.  There are 4,852 Freecycle groups all around the world, and membership is free.  Join a group today, clean out your closet or garage without contributing to a landfill, and maybe even discover a treasure of your own.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I'm glad you've gotten into Freecycle! I love it. And thanks for the book recommendation. I had totally forgotten that your mom wrote parenting books. I will definitely check it out!